Day 1 was rather slow and northerly winds forced us into Bøverdalen for a late task. We hoped to fly back to Vaagaa, but rainshowers blocked the path, and we made a short 50km local task starting at 19:00 after the rain had passed. Nobody made goal, and I only got minimum distance (So much for going first)
Day 2 was canceled due to windy and general crap conditions.
Day 3 looked promising but the clouds never burned off, and we got a slow day again. We got an optimistic 79km task, but we waited around at takeoff until 15:30, when I took off as one of the early ones. I found good lift and got straight up with Bjørn J and Arnt “Kjakan” Opsanger. Arnt and I took the second to last start gate at 16:00 and went on glide into the shade. We found nothing in the shade, and got stuck low after the first glide for 15-20 minutes. When we finally got a few hundred meters we basically just glided out again together with around 10 other pilots. Nobody made goal again.
Tomorrow should be very good, at least the forecast is exellent
Results at http://www.vaagaaopen.no